As the number of workers who telecommute or work remotely increases, conference calls are even more essential for effective communication. Having access to the latest technology will help ensure that all participants in the call are engaged in the presentation and understand the message, making meetings more productive and efficient.
Here are the top features to make your teleconferences better:
* Screen sharing. Connecting people who aren’t working in the same place, screen sharing allows them to collaborate on demos, presentations, reports and more, as if they were in the same room. Finding a conference calling service with screen sharing is crucial for those who work remotely. For example, the screen sharing technology from UberConference makes interaction during conference calls as simple as a single mouse click.
“Adding screen sharing has been the single most requested feature from our users since day one,” says Craig Walker, co-founder and CEO of UberConference. “One of the beauties of our cloud-based platform is that we are able to upgrade every user and give this great screen sharing experience to everybody at no additional cost.”
* Document sharing. This makes it simple for you or anyone in your conference call to share notes, documents and files with everyone else, making it an online meeting.
“Google Drive files can even be edited live within our conference,” says Walker. “The best part is that, at the end of the call, links to the notes and files are included in emailed call summaries.”
* Access from any type of device. Advances in teleconferencing tools make it easy to start and schedule conference calls on the go, create instant calls with a click and schedule calls by simply selecting contacts and picking a meeting time.
“We’ve created specially designed mobile apps for iPhone and Android that allow you to see your conference in action — who’s there and who’s talking, just like on the web,” says Walker.
* Join from anywhere. Let’s face it. Sometimes flights, traffic and vacations get in the way of important meetings. Now, with certain services, a phone connection or WiFi are all you’ll need to be on top of your game.
* Call controls. If you find yourself in a noisy location during the call, you can easily mute your line while still listening to everyone else on the call. You can also add participants on the fly and view social profile information, among many other useful tools.
For more information, visit www.uberconference.com.